Nationals who do not require VISA
Nationals requiring VISAs on arrival
* please note that the countries do change and we advise that you visit Zambia Immigration for up to date Visa information.
The Zambia Immigration website contains visa guidelines for different types of visitors. Each visitor to Zambia must declare the main purpose of their visit. This will determine what sort of visa one needs, and where to obtain this visa.
Citizens of specific countries (see “Exception Country” chart at bottom of this page) have specific rules that supersede the guidelines below.
Once one has determined the purpose of one’s visit to Zambia and understand the basic guidelines, one can proceed to the Visa Fees section to determine how much one must pay for a visa upon application.
This is the Visa Application form.
There are now Point of Sale (POS) terminals, for ease of payment of visa and other fees, at the following entry points:
- Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka
- Harry Mwanga International Airport in Livingstone and
- Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport in Ndola
These POS terminals have been configured to accept the following bank cards:
- Maestro and
- American Express
Please read carefully each section below that corresponds to the main purpose of one’s visit to Zambia:
All tourists shall pay the prescribed visa fees.
If the purpose of your visit is BUSINESS, the following guidelines apply:
- Consultants and other experts that are entering Zambia to conduct business with an organization in Zambia can obtain a visa at the port of entry. A “business” visitor must produce an invitation letter from the inviting institution. Business visits by a single individual cannot exceed 30 days in a 12 month period.
If the purpose of your visit is PRIVATE, the following guidelines apply:
- Nationals of countries, which require visas to enter Zambia for the purpose of visiting friends or relatives, should be issued with visas at Zambian Missions abroad or ports of entry. Those nationals who may wish to obtain such visas well in advance should apply for them to the Chief Immigration Officer – P. O Box 50300, LUSAKA-ZAMBIA, and firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.