Nationals who do not require VISA
Nationals requiring VISAs on arrival
* Please note that the countries do change and we advise that you visit Zambia Immigration for up to date Visa information.
The Zambia Immigration website contains visa guidelines for different types of visitors. Each visitor to Zambia must declare the main purpose of their visit. This will determine what sort of visa one needs, and where to obtain this visa.
Citizens of specific countries (see “Exception Country” chart at bottom of this page) have specific rules that supersede the guidelines below.
Once one has determined the purpose of one’s visit to Zambia and understand the basic guidelines, one can proceed to the Visa Fees section to determine how much one must pay for a visa upon application.
*As of December 2016, the KAZA joint visa for Zambia and Zimbabwe is available at all major ports of entry into Zambia and Zimbabwe. For more information about the KAZA visa, click here.
*As of October 2015, all foreign nationals who require a visa can apply online via the e-Visa facility, which can be accessed here:
Processing time for e-visas should take between 3 and 5 working days.
There are now Point of Sale (POS) terminals, for ease of payment of visas and other fees, at the following entry points:
- Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in Lusaka
- Harry Mwanga International Airport in Livingstone and
- Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport in Ndola
These POS terminals have been configured to accept the following bank cards:
- Maestro and
- American Express
All tourists shall pay the prescribed visa fees.
Please read carefully each section below that corresponds to the main purpose of one’s visit to Zambia:
If the purpose of your visit is BUSINESS, the following guidelines apply:
- Consultants and other experts that are entering Zambia to conduct business with an organization in Zambia can obtain a visa at the port of entry. A “business” visitor must produce an invitation letter from the inviting institution. Business visits by a single individual cannot exceed 30 days in a 12 month period.
If the purpose of your visit is PRIVATE, the following guidelines apply:
- Nationals of countries, which require visas to enter Zambia for the purpose of visiting friends or relatives, should be issued with visas via the e-visa portal linked above, at Zambian Missions abroad, or at ports of entry.