online. If we refer to “personal information” or “information” in this policy, we mean personal information as defined in the South African Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of
2013 (“POPI“). It includes, for example, your full name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details, and location. Please read
When does this Policy apply?
- You agree that this policy will apply if you access or use our website at https://www.zambiatourism.com. When registering and making any enquiries or reservations on our site, as
appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. This policy will apply to you, and will create a legally binding
contract between us, whenever you use or access our website.
- Our commitment. This policy is important to us. We are committed to taking steps to protect your privacy when you use
our website and implementing business practices that comply with all relevant legislation, including POPI. In this policy, we explain how we will use and protect your personal
What information do we collect?
- What information is collected. We generally store and use the following information: your first name(s), surname,
address, phone numbers, email address, other personal identification information (such as identity document or passport numbers) or IP address or cookie information, location information, demographic information including your age and gender, health-related information, and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our obligations in terms of the agreement with you when you use our services.
How do we use your information?
- How we use your information. We use your information to provide our website and services to you and generally for purposes of our relationship. We may process the information we collect from you when you register, make any enquiries or reservations, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features. We may use your information for other purposes if the law allows for it, or if you consent to it, or if it is in the public interest.
- Purposes for processing information. We will only process adequate and relevant information to:
- Perform in terms of our agreement;
- Operate and manage your account and to process your transactions quickly;
- Monitor and analyse our business;
- To respond to your customer service requests;
- Contact you by e-mail, short-message-service, or other means to tell you about our services and promotional offers (you can always opt out from future marketing);
- Form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you;
- Carry out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products, and carry out audits;
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone enquiries);
- Perform other administrative and operational tasks like testing our processes and systems;
- Comply with our regulatory or other obligations.
How do we protect your information?
- Right to object. You may on reasonable grounds object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use.
- Lodging a complaint. If you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator with the following contact details:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street
Tel: +27(0)12 406 4818
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We are committed to implement appropriate technical and other security measures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Third parties, like payment gateways, may collect your payment details via our website to ensure that you transact securely with us. Only the gateway provider will store and process these details, they are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Security breach. We will report any security breach to the Information Regulator and to the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your information, kindly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to and retention of information
- Integrity and access to your information. We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is inaccurate, by sending us an email to email@example.com. You have the right to request us to provide you with information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly to do so or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retention of information. We retain information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for legitimate business purposes. We will only retain your information for the purposes explicitly set out in this policy. We may keep information indefinitely in a de-identified format for statistical purposes. This policy also applies when we retain your information.
Do we use‘cookies’?
- Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, compile aggregate data regarding our site traffic and interactive and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise when you return to our website.
- In instances where we collect and store information about your location, we may convert your Internet Protocol address or mobile GPS data into a rough geo-location, allowing us to use this information to improve and personalise our services for you. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
What if cookies are disabled in your browser?
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Can you opt-out of communications?
- You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. Simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email received from us.
Third-party disclosure and links
- Disclosure. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information.
- Links on our website. Our website may include links to other applications or third party websites which do not fall under our control. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these applications, but we display these links in order to make it easier for our visitors to find information about specific subjects.
- Social Media. Our website may connect to various social media sites or applications, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+. If you want to use our website for social media integration, including to create user profiles and login functionality, we will share your information with the relevant social media sites or applications.
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
- We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honour Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place.
- Are there other applicable terms too? Yes, there are also website terms (at https://www.zambiatourism.com/terms-conditions on our website). Additional terms may also apply for specific products or services or subscriptions available through our website – these terms are included in our website terms. If there is a conflict between these terms and the specific terms, the specific terms will apply.
- Changes to this policy. Unless notice is required in terms of the law, we may change the terms of this policy from time to time in line with any changes that the law or our internal business operations require, without prior notice. The current version of this policy that applies at the time you visit and/or use our website will regulate our relationship. It is your responsibility to consider the policy each time you use our website. If you do not agree with any terms of this policy, you must stop using our website.
18 Rose Avenue
Western Cape Province
Telephone: 087 943 7171