Province Towns & Cities
Area Other Towns
- Big 5 Reserve: No
- Cell Phone Signal: No
- Child Friendly: No
- Child Friendly (Minimum age 7): No
- Child Friendly (Minimum age 8): No
- Malaria Area: No
- Spa: No
- Swimming pool: No
- Test: No
- Waterhole: No
- Wheelchair friendly: No
- Wi-Fi: No
Cockerdile Camp is set on 177 hectares of pristine African bushveld along the beautiful Kafue River. Only 130km from Lusaka. Offering a peaceful and scenic getaway. Fishing, swimming, boating, bird watching.
About the Accommodation
Cockerdile camp has a main camp consisting of 2 Canvas Chalets – each has 1 x double bed and 1 x bunk bed, complete with mosquito nets and bedding – en-suite bathroom with hot water.
Brick Room – 1 x double bed and 1 x single bed, complete with mosquito nets and bedding – en-suite bathroom with hot water.
Dining area and kitchen –
Self-catering fully equipped kitchen including crockery/cutlery/ glassware and cookware. The dining area has an 8 seater dining table and chairs. Small lounge area.
The main camp also has a stunning swimming pool to relax and cool down in the heat.
Green lawns and trees surround the area.
The main camp also has a separate shower and toilet for visitors/campers.
There is Zesco at the camp and it has electricity points all around.
Camp Fire Pit and braai area.
We have 2 x separate safari tents which depending on the group can hold up to 4 single beds in each. They are both en-suite with hot water.
They also have a small fully equipped self-catering kitchenette on the front. Each has its own braai area.
All have beautiful views of the Kafue River.
Green lawns and shaded camping and picnic areas. Taps scattered throughout and braai areas – some plug points available.
New ablution block with 2 x toilets 2 x showers and a family room
About the Company
Cockerdile camp is owned by the Cocker Family, originally a private camp for the family, we have now opened it up to the public to come and enjoy our little oasis on the Kafue River.
- River Swimming
- Cage swimming pool in the river for the campers and day visitors – keeps the crocodiles out!!
- Enjoy a relaxing day by the pool to cool down and work on that tan.
- Village Visit
- There are several local villages around the Camp and you can request to visit and see the Zambian rural way of life.
- Fee fishing – several dams on the property are full of tilapia bream, Pay a fee per fish caught. Tiger Fishing also possible in the River, from the river bank or boats
- Fantastic variety of birds have been seen on and around our camp.
- Hiking/hill climb/fee fishing / River fishing
- You can bring your own boat or hire boats from neighbouring lodges to cruise the Kafue River or try some fishing.
- Game Viewing
- Lechwe/bushbuck/ impala and monkeys on the property. Please beware of walking around at night, as the hippo love our green lawn to snack on at night time.
- Licenced Airstrip