- Accommodation Type : Houseboat
- Area : Lake Kariba
- Months of Operation : All year round
- Number of Rooms : 12
- We offer : Accommodation
Eagles Rest Houseboat
Eagles Rest is the home of the Houseboat Bateleur. Bateleur is a 20 metre pontoon houseboat superbly appointed and sleeps up to 12 passengers plus 4 crew members.
The lower deck consists of 3 cabins (sleeping 6 – one double en-suite, one twin bedded and one double), two public toilets/showers, lounge, kitchen, and a fully operational Jacuzzi with sun deck. The upper deck consists of a spacious lounge and the Captain’s bar. Day seats convert to comfortable beds at night which are fully covered by mosquito nets (sleeping an additional 6 passengers).
The Houseboat normally tows 2 tender boats for both fishing and sightseeing.
About your Company
Eagles Rest began as a holiday resort in the 1960’s and for many years it was what you would term today as a “time share” accommodation resort with chalets owned by the shareholders of the Company Eagle Boat Hire Company Limited.
Significant improvements to the resort have been made over the past few years and further improvements continue to be made. Upgrading of the resort is a continuous process and a number of additional improvements have already been made namely:
- The building of the “Beach Bar” which has become the focal point of the resort.
- Improvements to the Restaurant, Kitchen and Restaurant Services.
- Refurbishment of the swimming pool area.
- Chalet upgrading, including installation of air-conditioning, wall fans and walk-in type mosquito nets.
- General improvements to the maintenance of the infrastructure.
We are committed to making Eagles Rest one of the best holiday venues in Southern Province and indeed Zambia. Our maintenance and upgrading programme will continue with of course the minimum of inconvenience to our customers – you!